When I spend time talking to God, I find myself asking a lot questions ... God what do you want? How do I love him? What does this mean? How can I help them? Why is mom struggling? When is going to be my turn? Oh, how nice it would be to get a text message from God with the answers to my many many questions! I would settle for an email or a wall post even. :) Man, I really wish that crystal ball would fix itself ... I could really use it sometimes!
It never occurred to me that God may be asking me a question too .... God wants to know my response. He wants me to answer YES even before I know His response.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
- Hebrews 11:8
Did you catch that? Abraham obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going!! WOW. Abraham's response was YES because of his faith and his devotion to the Lord.
Its easy to say that ... its easy to sit around the dining room table and talk about this. But truly believing it to the point of LIVING like this is something different. God is asking a question .... will you follow Me and have faith in Me even when you don't know where you are going or what you are doing?
I say that my answer is YES ... but do I live like my answer is YES?
I want that kind of faith.... a faith like Abrahams. To say YES I will follow even when I don't know where that is or what that looks like. A life that is living for an audience of One ....
Who is willing to let go of any dream or any path if God's plan is different. Surrendering my way to His .... not asking Why or When or How or What but simply responding with a YES
This is my prayer.
This is my desire.
No comments:
Post a Comment