Thursday, March 20, 2008

my pursuit.

What am I pursuing in my life?
What is it that drives and motivates me?
What is it that I need?

I have so much in my life.
Too much really.
I have been given so many things...
health, a good job, a family that loves me, friends that challenge me, a beautiful home, education...
I have been given so many things.

I take them for granted. I depend on it....
too much.

I want my life to be consumed with pursuing God....
I want to love and be like Him.
Pursuing the things of God like
righteousness, mercy, grace, humilty, patience, forgiveness

But in a world that is so consumed with wealth and fame
With a society that is so concerned with having the newest or the best
A place where for many God exists only when something wrong happens and they need him
It is so easy to get consumed with me...

I want to live a life that is in desperate need of him every day!
One that shows that need and becomes vulnerable for him always....

Our society is so focused on the easy fix.
Lets patch the hole and keep moving.
I am done patching holes.
I am done looking for the quick fix.
I desire to be completely broken and healed by my Savior.

I desire a relationship that is so real and so complete that my need for him
becomes my pursuit.

No comments: