
My cousin Katie and her husband Jimmy just had their first baby boy.
They named him Braedon James Hahn.
I haven't met him yet, but I have seen pictures and I have heard the pride and love in the voices of mommy and daddy..
Jimmy has been sending us pictures of the baby about once a week. Each week they have him all dressed up in the cutest little outfits. The first week, the family got a slide show of Braedon. A slideshow that revealed Jim's dreams for his new little guy..... star player for the Nittany Lions! Yup, thats right! Braedon is going to play PSU football in 18 years. I imagine that Katie has some dreams of her own for the new man in her life.... maybe a doctor or a lawyer.
As I talk with them about Braedon, they are already imaging the great things he is going to do for his life. They are planning all the activities that he is going to do and imagining all the success and happiness that he is going to have. They have plans for Braedon and love him so much already even after 2 weeks.
The same is true of each of us too. When we were babies and even kids growing up, our parents always were planning and imagining what we would do with our life.... maybe it was a famous singer, or a pastor, or working with youth, or being a teacher ...... When they looked at us, they saw our potential. They imagined the best. They loved us sooo much and cared about us sooo much they only wanted us to see our dreams come true.
God has dreams and plans for us! He has been planning and imagining and wants only the best for us. If Katie and Jim love Braedon this much after only 2 1/2 weeks imagine how much God loves you! Imagine the plans he has for your life. Try to picture in your mind what he sees when he looks at you. He is your Father and cares and loves for you more then your mom and more then your dad. He loves you and has big plans for you!
They named him Braedon James Hahn.
I haven't met him yet, but I have seen pictures and I have heard the pride and love in the voices of mommy and daddy..
Jimmy has been sending us pictures of the baby about once a week. Each week they have him all dressed up in the cutest little outfits. The first week, the family got a slide show of Braedon. A slideshow that revealed Jim's dreams for his new little guy..... star player for the Nittany Lions! Yup, thats right! Braedon is going to play PSU football in 18 years. I imagine that Katie has some dreams of her own for the new man in her life.... maybe a doctor or a lawyer.
As I talk with them about Braedon, they are already imaging the great things he is going to do for his life. They are planning all the activities that he is going to do and imagining all the success and happiness that he is going to have. They have plans for Braedon and love him so much already even after 2 weeks.
The same is true of each of us too. When we were babies and even kids growing up, our parents always were planning and imagining what we would do with our life.... maybe it was a famous singer, or a pastor, or working with youth, or being a teacher ...... When they looked at us, they saw our potential. They imagined the best. They loved us sooo much and cared about us sooo much they only wanted us to see our dreams come true.
God has dreams and plans for us! He has been planning and imagining and wants only the best for us. If Katie and Jim love Braedon this much after only 2 1/2 weeks imagine how much God loves you! Imagine the plans he has for your life. Try to picture in your mind what he sees when he looks at you. He is your Father and cares and loves for you more then your mom and more then your dad. He loves you and has big plans for you!
The Bible reminds us that God has plans for us.... and not just mediocre plans but plans to prosper and not harm. Plans to give us hope and a future! I am amazed to think that the God of all creation, would care enough about me to have plans for me..... and love me enough to plan a life of prosper and hope.
I am amazed that God, my God, the God of all creation, cares enough about me to not allow me to stay the same. He cares enough to move me from my sin, my failing body and into an everlasting relationship with Him. WOW! Let that sink in for a moment.....
I am His child and He is my Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment