So my house is on the market. Thats right, I am one of the crazy people trying to sell their house at quite possibly the WORST time. Its been for sale for about a month now and each day, I box up just a few more things. It amazes me how much stuff I have accumulated in such a short amount of time. I'm not joking.... I have ALOT of "stuff!"
Each time as I open another closet or look underneath another bed I am amazed at all the things that I had forgotten that I had and all the things I didn't need anymore. I always end up with three piles: trash, give away, keep. Kinda like the show "Clean Sweep" for all my TLC fans!!
(Get back on track Kel!) I cannot begin to tell you how much stuff I am throwing away and how much stuff I have not used in months! And the really funny thing is, how even though I forgot it was there and that I haven't used it in over a year, I am still having trouble letting go and giving it away.... There is some part of me that wants to keep it "just in case" or for that "one special occassion."
I can't help but draw the comparison here.......to my life, our lives. How many of us need to box some stuff up and get rid of it? How many of us have a trash pile that is just getting bigger and bigger in our hearts and souls? How many of us can't part with something and want to keep hanging on "just in case?" Maybe its an old relationship.... or a regret. Maybe its something from your childhood that remains unresolved.
It is such a challenge to box the past up and such an uncertain thing to get rid of something that has so many emotions attached to it.... whether they are positive or negative. If we continue to hang on to things "just in case" or wish that something could be different/changed, we get hung up in the past. We begin to focus on what should have been or could have been or might have been and we miss out on today!
So what happens when we get rid of the trash and dont need piles? We have room to grow. We have room to expand into new lessons... new relationships.... new places...... new memories. God desires for you to walk with Him. He doesn't want you to remain the same. His dreams for you are so much bigger and more fluid then that.
Father God, help me understand what trash I need to throw away and what parts of my life I need to let go of. Help me to make rooom in my heart and soul for the newness You desire. Forgive me for the times I hang onto those things that get in the way of my relationship with You. Thank you for the memories and the lessons they taught and thank you for the excitement of what lies ahead. I love You.
No comments:
Post a Comment