Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh How You Love me.....

Here I sit God
Heart and Mind open to You
Amazed at How You Love Me.....

Even with my sin.
Even with my failures as a child of God.

Constantly struggling Lord with when to walk away
and what boundaries to set....
Loving to the point of vulnerability and getting hurt
so hurt.....

Trying to pretend that nothing is wrong...
Smiling and laughing
but inside....
hurting.
restless.
lonely.

Left wondering what was real...
Left wondering how it has come to this
Trying to solve what went wrong
Why am I here in this place

Then constantly amazed...
at Your gently reminder of How you Love me
How you love us....
And in that moment
"Understanding that I don't have the time to maintain this regret
when I think about How You Love us"

Understanding what that means and trying to comprehend and grasp something so
beautiful and so pure

I am face to face with the realization of just how beautiful You are
and how great Your affections are for me.....

It is that truth that assures me that while I am a flawed and sinful person
Oh How You Love me.

Thank you....
May I use that realization to reach out to others
And Love them and Forgive them with the same love and forgiveness You have shown me.

No comments: