Last weekend I headed north to see my cousin Jen and her husband JR. I absolutely love them and their family. 8 months ago they had a baby boy Tyler who is so cute and so precious! Its been a rough 8 months for them....adjusting to the demand of a child and all the responsibility and joy that brings. Trying to find a balance between work, home, wife, husband, mom, dad, friend, daughter, sister, brother, son is alot and at the end of the day there just doesn't seem to be enough time to fit it all in.
I had an amazing weekend with the three of them..... It was so nice because my time was "normal." There was not a ton of people around. There were no parties or celebrations to be had. Instead we were just hanging out like friends hang out and I loved EVERY second of it!
Tyler is getting SOOOO BIG! He is learning more and more each day! It amazes me how alert he was and how much he was interacting with the people around him. He loves mirrors and looking at himself in the mirror. They have a floor to ceiling wall mirror in their master bedroom closet and that has become his new favorite hang-out spot! His laughs and giggles fill that house as he catches a glimpse of himself in the glass.
Bath-time with an 8 month old is interesting! Had I known I was going swimming I would have come prepared. Haha. I think that there was more water on me then in the tub! We played with alphabet letters and rubbie duckies. Bath time was lots of fun!
Baby Einstein is amazing! Ty and I watched a video on sign language where they are teaching kids to communite with their parents and their teachers. Its incredible what kids pick up on. He was so into it! At one point, daddy walked in front of the TV only to be startled by a shrill scream from Ty to make it known that he could not see and was not happy about it! His Einstein videos are one of his favorite times of the day.....
We played with LOTS of toys and had some story time. It was an incredible weekend! My favorite moment with Tyler was when I was getting ready to leave. I was holding him and telling him good-bye. I was giving him lots and lots of love with hugs and kisses all over and when I was done he reached out to me and gave me baby kisses back. And not just one baby kiss but lots and lots of baby kisses!!!! He turned his head from side to side and was giving me just as many kisses as I had given him. When he was done, I gave him more and then he gave me more and it was just the cutest thing! He also leaned in and gave me a hug before I let go one final time!
In that moment, I don't think I was capable of loving anyone or anything as much as him and that special time together! I miss him already and I am SO ready to go back and see him again!!!!
Thank you God for family and all the blessings that comes with! I am grateful for baby kisses and hugs and the special memories that I was able to create with Tyler this weekend. God protect him from the dangers of this world. Give Jen and JR the wisdom and encouragement they need. I pray that as they continue to develop and grow their family that their trust and their relationship with You deepens. I pray that as Tyler grows into a young boy that he develops his own relationship with You. I am excited to be a part of his journey and his story and pray that my life and my character may be an example that leads him to You. Thank you for this miracle and all the joy it brings to so many! I love you - Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment