Monday, February 9, 2009

Underwear

I volunteer at my church for a children's program.
The first Saturday of every month we have SOUL STATION!
For those of you who don't know about SOUL STATION it is an amazing and wonderful program designed for children from Preschool thru 6th grade. It includes singing, dancing, skits, Bible stories and lots of lights and color and loud music! The kids absolutely LOVE soul station and look forward to it SOOOOOO much. They get so excited and are just running and jumping and singing and dancing as they come into the church.

That's where I come in....
I help set up before and tear down after but my FAVORITE part of Soul Station is getting to greet the kids and families as they come into the church. Their enthusiasm is just contagious! They are so happy to be there. I had a little one who could not habe been more then 15 or 16 months old tell me he was happy to be at OUL ACION this past weekend. :)

My favorite greeting this month was from a little boy who came bouncing around the corner with all the energy in the world. He gave me a big high five and I said to him that I was glad he was here to play and have fun with us. As he ran past me in some FIERCE excitement he shouted with pride, "I remembered to put my underwear on today!" as he pointed to his pants.

Oh, man! Life doesn't get much better. :)

No comments: