As I sat across the table from my friend looking down at my slice of cheese pizza (YUMMY!) she asked me if I ever got tired of people using me. She is such a sweet and tender-hearted friend and truly one of the most amazing people I know. I love her ALOT! I think my response caught her a bit off-guard.
What I have is not mine. It doesn't belong to me. I am just the temporary holder of a lot of really amazing and terrific "stuff" that ultimately belongs to and comes from God. He gives and He takes away according to how He sees fit. My responsibility is simply to use the things that He has given me, including TIME, MONEY, HOME, CAR, COMPUTER, TALENTS.... everything for His glory.
God blesses me with an amazing life.... I am honestly not deserving of any of it. NONE! And, the way I look at it have to two responses to this amazing grace that God has shown me. I can either give what I have to give in hopes that it will honor God and encourage His people, or I can keep what I have for myself and miss out an amazing opportunity to show someone the Love of Christ.
As for how people receive this gift..... that is between them and God. If they are "using me" or taking advantage of something then that is for them to work out. Its not up to me to determine how they respond or react to the gifts God is choosing to bless them with. It is only my responsbility to give what I have all the time as a response to my wonderful Creator who has given me all I need and definitely more then I deserve.
That not to say that I don't get frustrated or hurt sometimes.... because, I do. However, that frustration and that hurt pales in comparison to the opportunity to say Thank You to my Lord and Savior for what He has done..... I will never be able to repay Him for what he has done but I am overwhelmed with a desire to live my life in a way that honors Him and shines His light into this world. Giving is one of the ways I can do that.....
Putting our "stuff" at the center of our lives or even going as far as to put "us" in the center of our life is such a mistake. This is not what God has designed or intended..... God is so much bigger then that. We cannot begin to understand all of who He is or what He has done, and yet, even in His greatness and in our selfishness, He continues to be crazy in love with each of us!
He constantly turns us away from the idea of 'i', 'mine', 'self' and gently turns us back towards Him.... that He could love us to much even after knowing every selfish desire and hidden intent.
"He Love Us. Oh how he loves us...."
No comments:
Post a Comment