Tuesday, May 26, 2009

one of those kinda days....

It was late. I was tired...really tired. The day had started with little sleep the night before and already I was running behind. The to do list grew longer as the minutes and hours ticked away. Things that should have taken 5 minutes were taking 30 minutes and I was worn out. My body was aching. I had worked about 11 hours that day and left feeling defeated. Today was one of those days that work got the best of me .... I seem to be having a few of those lately. As I pulled out of the parking lot I looked in my rear view mirror.

This is what I saw.....




I wish I had a better camera.... This picture barely does it justice. The sunset was beautiful. The mountain backdrop was spectacular! I could not get over all the colors that I was easily able to see.

It was what I needed ..... not that a sunset made everything about that day or that week better. The same problems were still there. The same worn out girl still sat in the front driver seat exhausted and drained. But, HE reminded me that He was there. He reminded me that He cared, and for a few minutes on my drive home that night He painted a picture that He knew I would enjoy and find spectacular.

He knew exactly what I needed in that moment to take my mind off the week and took time out from running the universe to say I love you..... isn't it amazing to think that something that so many other people walk thru life never stopping to appreciate, made me stop in my tracks and take a nice long deep breath.

HE knew that.... and HE did that, because HE loves me and wanted to share that moment with me. Talk about goosebumps.....

No comments: