Monday, July 23, 2007

True Love

Almost all girls have dreamed of that special someone who is going to come and sweep them off their feet. That guy who is going to take their breath away and love them unconditionally and despite their flaws and insecurities. Almost all girls have dreamed of that perfect relationship in which you can be completely at ease with one another and totally yourself. Someone who understands you and someone you trust and share your dreams, your hurts, your joys and your life with. I know that I have ....

I am 27 years old and unmarried. I have no significant relationship to speak of and all the time my family and my friends ask "Aren't you tired of being alone?" "Dont you want to find your husband and get married?" "I could never be as happy as you if I were 27 and not married" "No offense, but I don't want to be single when I am your age!" I can relate to these expressions .... At some time in my life, I have felt all of these things. But..... here is the peace that I have.

I am in love with my God. I am in love with my Savior. He is my special someone! He has come and swept me off my feet. He has taken my breath away (lots of time) and He loves me unconditionally despite my flaws and insecurities. I can be completely myself around Him and He knows me and is fond of me just the way I am. I cant do anything to make Him love me anymore and I cant do anything to make Him love me anyless. He knows all of my fears, my hopes, my dreams, my insecurities. He laughs with me and cries with me and dreams with me. He takes every step with me. That is the true love of my life! He has helped me learn to love myself ....

So, when people say to me, "Aren't you tired of being alone" or "I could never be happy if I were 27 and single" I smile and tell them of my love. I tell them of the Jesus who has my heart! I have learned to be happy and content with Him! Its a love I can't and don't want to live without!

I have no doubt that God has chosen that special someone for my life. I have faith that when He is ready, I will know who that person is. But I want to focus on the love of my Savior. I want to learn what He is teaching me. I want to understand what I need to learn and how I need to grow to be ready for that "special earthly someone." My focus is on Christ. My love is Christ. His love is more real and more powerful than anything I can ever imagine! His love is more pure and his friendship the one I cherish the most. So I wait, I trust, I cry, I laugh, and I LOVE MY GOD!

God Loves you my friend! His love is all you need. Learn to be content with that love and learn to wish for nothing beyond the life He has given you. Look for the lessons he is teaching and focus on Him. He is faithful and He is working ..... in you and your future husband/wife! He has your best interest at heart. He is working in the life of your loved one. He is preparing you and them for the next step. Be patient and wait until God is ready. Focus on Him. Trust in that love. He is ALL you need.... His love is the best love. Savor that. Cling to that.

No comments: